Friday 27 January 2012

Cinnamon Twists with Cardamom- Honey Dipping Sauce ( Elsie)

I tried this recipe today. It 's excellent and easy to make.

1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp cardamom
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 (9"x10") sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg beaten

Sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom

Directions for twists
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a shallow bowl, mix together cinnamon,sesame seeds,cardamom,and brown sugar.
Cut sheet of puff pastry into quarters and then cut each quarter into 5 equal slices ( 1" x 4"each)
Twist 2 pieces of dough together to form a rope shape. Brush top of dough with beaten egg white and put into cinnamon mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Makes 10 twists. Bake 12-14 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack.

Sauce
in a small bowl whisk together honey, lemon juice,sugar, cinnamon and cardamom until smooth.
Pour into a small dipping bowl to serve.

I didn't have cardamom so I omitted it and the twists were excellent. I also did not make the dipping sauce but next time I will.
* I did try the sauce and it was delicious. I only made 1/2 the recipe and it was plenty.
I ate one as soon as it was cool enough to handle. I could have eaten them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment