Friday 25 November 2011

Toffee Squares (quick and easy!) (Kim)

warning: addictive

saltine crackers (enough to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan)
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
2 c. chocolate chips

1. Grease bottom of pan and line with crackers (they fit perfectly).
2. In pot over medium heat bring butter and sugar to a boil. Boil 3 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over crackers.
3. Bake in over at 400˚ for 5-6 minutes.
4. Pour chocolate chips over top and let sit for 1 minute. Then spread the melted chocolate evenly over toffee.
5. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool at least an hour in the fridge. Delicious!!
*note: when I made this the first time, it would have been better to use just a bit less of the caramel mixture, as when I poured it on top, some flooded underneath the crackers and made it a tiny bit tougher to remover from pan. Also, I found I didn't need quite all the chips. I think 1 3/4 did the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment